Click HERE to view CAS list and hours.

I.B. introducing team building exercise

5:54 PM / Posted by Adam Hanif /

Wow, has the IGCSE years gone past by already? It seemed like yesterday I remember celebrating the end of exams with my friends in Singapore and here we are, again, at school in August 2007.

The life of an I.B is a particular new taste… everything seemed so serious and mature. I can see how teachers have a different perspective to us IB students then us back in year 11. To put it simply, it’s very mature; and respectful.

The first week of I.B was a relaxing one. Too relaxing in fact. Everybody in my year seem to be enjoying themselves; “What is going on here? This isn’t the hell that my brother spoke to me about…”

One of the first things we did in I.B. freshmen week was a team-building exercise. I guess it was essential as almost a third of the students were new to the school. It was a very fun and exciting day off with full of different P.E sort-of type of activities and mindgames that amused everyone, including the teachers.

What blew my mind the most was the fact we had freedom at school; the access to our own common room, the free study periods, the tags with no uniforms; the becoming of an adult! Yet, we are here passing balls into hoops as one of the team-building exercise filled with joy and laughter.

It was indeed a good exercise as now I have bonded closely again with old friends, chat up with new friends and begin to develop a very different personality then my past years.

I.B is fun!

===== UPDATE! =====

February 10th 2009:

I.B is indeed hell. I was wrong. So much wrong. Where is that first week of I.B again?!

*cries*