Months became weeks and weeks became days as the time came closer and closer to our ‘Kota Kinabalu’ trip in Sabah, Malaysia. I was really looking forward to the trip since there isn’t a lot to look upon on the IB course accounting its work and studies. The Kota Kinabalu trip for the year 12’s was a trip lasting for a week involving CAS activities and Geography related studies. The year was divided into three groups whilst in Kota Kinabalu of which I and 9 of my fellow friends and 2 teachers, would be climbing the Mount Kinabalu at 4,095 metres. If this was our target, for the most of use needed to get into some shape for the least.
There was no decision in this argument whether if we needed to attend the training or not. The training was essential for all of use, even the fittest person in the group, to flex and strengthen their muscles in tune to something we all have not experienced before. Our goal was obvious. “Get fit”.
During the weeks of training, we had the verity of hiking up different terrains; the ‘Markucing’ hills, the ‘Tasek Lama’ hills and the infamous ‘Shambandar’ hills. Each terrain varied in the steepness and space of each step which was found at ‘Tasek Lama’ hills, the different types of track trails and ground material found at ‘Shambandar’ hills and plenty of hill exercise found at ‘Markucing’ hills.
Every week became much more intense of which I enjoyed actually. Its common for my father and I to go hike into the deep forests and hilly areas as a certain adventure hobby we share together. This was carried with the fact I was spending it with my friends made the exercise as enjoyable as ever.
A few of the hikes, I brought my camera to get familiar carrying a camera up a difficult terrain. Each trip with the camera gave me a lesson of what should be the limit of my load, not forgetting the load carried in my backpack for the journey up the mountain. It was a difficult to decide what should not be essential enough for the trip but I manage to narrow it down as soon as the trip began. With a nice favour of one of my math’s teacher who also is into nature photography lend me her sling on, perfect fit camera bag for the climb. With that bag, I was more then comfortable to climb the mountain. 



The training was perfect as an activity, but best as a club of which I wished there was one. I felt it could be a successful for those who both need the training to be fit and an appreciation towards the awareness of nature’s beauty.